Optimizing your Pictures
- I use Microsoft Paint. It is part and parcel of all the Microsoft Window versions (i.e. XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10).
- It can be found by clicking on the Windows Icon in the lower left hand corner, then click all programs, then accessories, then paint. Or if you are using Windows 10, click on the Windows Icon in the lower left hand corner, Then go to the W area, then Windows accessories, and Paint.
- Or just type paint in the search box after clicking on the Windows Icon in the lower left hand corner.
- Open your picture file with it and then click RESIZE.
- Then Pixels, then adjust the size. It should be about 640x480 px for best presentation, then save it.
- That's all there is to it.
- All Done
- The garage sale picture can be downloaded at garagesale.jpg.
- First click on the link, then when the garage sale picture is displayed:
- move your mouse pointer to the picture and then right click your mouse.
- Do a SAVE IMAGE AS, name it garagesale.jpg, and save.
- Make a note of where you are saving it on your computer. It will normally wind up in your pictures directory.
p.s. If you are really having difficulty, send it/them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will resize and add it to your post for you.